Start a new topic
Answered

Loop excel files

Hello,

I am in the process of setting up a treatment that was present on our old ETL.

It is a question of executing a query (A) sql which returns columns like id, name, first name and a concatenation of several email addresses. Then we export this query in csv file.

At the loop level, we will search for the csv file of the query A in a folder and then we assign the action X.

The action X executes another query B SQL which takes in condition where all the values of the column P of the query A. The final goal is to iterate on each value of column P to send to all the emails concatenate of the query A.

My question is how to reuse a CSV file column in a where condition in sqloperation ? how to send an email for each iteration ?

DEX.PNG
(220 KB)
forum.PNG
(56.7 KB)

Best Answer

For the history of this forum post : we have solved this question during a call, explaining how to design a Process and a Mapping that produce multiple files and then send them by email. 

Hello 

I'm not sure I understand the role of the CSV file. 

Is it an attachment for the emails sent ? 

If not, you can probably simplify the Process using "SQL Operation" actions and a Bind link to an Email action. 

Hello, thank you for your answer.

Indeed, the csv file is attached in the email.

That is to say that I have a group of emails according to a code and I must be able to send only the data related to a code to the emails concerned.

That's where the difficulty of the loop comes from to be able to filter at each iteration.

I tried to make variables for the group of emails but there are more than 4000 characters or create a metadata to feed excel files and then reuse. this turned out to be a failure because with excel files we are limited with operations like select and insert 0

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Answer

For the history of this forum post : we have solved this question during a call, explaining how to design a Process and a Mapping that produce multiple files and then send them by email. 

1 person likes this
Login to post a comment