Start a new topic
Answered

Dropping multiple tables at once in XDI

I forgot to enable Clear temporary objects before a deployment and now there are multiple temporary tables that I want to drop. Suppose, they all start with L1_ so is there any simple query that would allow me to drop them all at once?

Best Answer

If this need to be done in one shot, I would suggest using a database management tool which can help selecting multiple tables and drop them at once, for example DBeaver.

Other solutions using XDI are:

- Reverse all these tables and use the tool "AUTOMATION Rdbms Operation" from the Palette.

- Design a process using an SqlOperation action which lists these tables and bind it to another SqlOperation which does the DROP for each table. 

Caution: this cannot be cancelled, make sure you select only those temporary tables you want to drop.

1 Comment

Answer

If this need to be done in one shot, I would suggest using a database management tool which can help selecting multiple tables and drop them at once, for example DBeaver.

Other solutions using XDI are:

- Reverse all these tables and use the tool "AUTOMATION Rdbms Operation" from the Palette.

- Design a process using an SqlOperation action which lists these tables and bind it to another SqlOperation which does the DROP for each table. 

Caution: this cannot be cancelled, make sure you select only those temporary tables you want to drop.

Login to post a comment