Start a new topic
Answered

Step by step process to create Workflow to set up a review /approval during golden data authoring

Hi Team,

Can you please suggest step by step process to create Workflow to set up a review /approval during golden data authoring using workflow builder.

Regards,

Kousik

Best Answer

Hello Das,

We have attached a video for your reference. Please check the video for step by step process to create Workflow to set up a review /approval during golden data authoring using workflow builder. 

mp4

Answer

Hello Das,

We have attached a video for your reference. Please check the video for step by step process to create Workflow to set up a review /approval during golden data authoring using workflow builder. 

mp4

1 person likes this

Thank you very much for this informative tutorial.

Hi, I have an additional query related to Workflow. I have created a workflow to validate edit records. In general that WF working fine. But I have scenario where I want to disable EDIT option based on a condition ( as  an example,  parent entity. country='USA'). I can put that in normal EDIT action - Condition section. But in case of workflow I have tried to put the similar condition inside the user task - assignment condition. But it is not working as expected. Can you suggest if I am missing anything? Thank you for your help in advance.

Regards,

Kousik

Hello Das, 

You need to set condition to every attribute in Form to make them read-only whenever  " parent entity. country='USA' " and it is only for edit not while creation.

Here is the  semQL condition you need to set in Authoring Mode field of attribute ( Please make change according to you in attribute name in condition) :-

case 

when city ='USA' and OriginalBatchID is not null then 'force-read-only'
  else 'auto'
end

1 person likes this

Hi,

Thank you very much for this useful information.

I have another query related to WF. Is it possible to create a validation WF for Mass Update action. I have already created one for EDIT record validation. I need help on what modification I need to make in WF level or anywhere else to create similar approval WF for Mass Update action. 

Regards,

Kousik

Hello Das,

You can create a workflow to edit multiple records .Click on blank space outside workflow component and go to entity section and here you can select Cardinality :- Multi Records to edit multi records. as shown in image but we can not make WF on Mass Update Action set.

1 person likes this

Thank you Toshish for the information with an image. It is very much helpful. I need another help from you regarding workflow. I was trying to set up a 'Send Mail' automation task (as documented in Automations :: Semarchy xDM Documentation . My scenario is to create a mail notification with built in parameters in mail body and I was using the Pre-formatted option. I tried creating that like " <p>Dear {PARAM_B_RECIPIENT_FIRST_NAME} {PARAM_B_RECIPIENT_LAST_NAME},</p>

<p>You have a pending approval task for your approval in the MDM Application - My Tasks section. Please review and approve it at your earliest convenience by clicking the link below:</p>

<p><a href={PARAM_B_SERVER_BASE_URL}</a></p>

<p>Thank you very much.</p>"

I have added recepient by usernames and also with hardcoded mail addresses. I added the 'Send mail' automation component  in between EDIT Record User task and 'Validate Record' user task. That WF has no validation error as well. But when I tried to initiate that WF from MDM UI, it is giving me WF execution error. Can you please help on how I can resolve that error and how I can further debug this kind of WF execution error.

Login to post a comment