Start a new topic
Answered

Effective date on entities

How can I add effective dating to attributes in my data model so I set the future effective date on data in my model to support our go-to market strategy?

Best Answer

If you only want to record the effective dating in the past, you can use the built-in historization functionality to capture the data as it changes over time. 

In this situation, if you want to set future effective dates, you can add simple attributes that are controlled by business users and data stewards. Typically, customers will add "StartDate" and "EndDate" attributes (or "FromDate" and "ToDate"). These fields can be populated and dated in the future to support your business requirements.

1 Comment

Answer

If you only want to record the effective dating in the past, you can use the built-in historization functionality to capture the data as it changes over time. 

In this situation, if you want to set future effective dates, you can add simple attributes that are controlled by business users and data stewards. Typically, customers will add "StartDate" and "EndDate" attributes (or "FromDate" and "ToDate"). These fields can be populated and dated in the future to support your business requirements.

Login to post a comment