Start a new topic
Answered

matcher rules on edit

Hello , 

I set up some matcher rules that work on creating or importing new data. However when I edit  a value , it no longer check the matcher rule

How do i change that ? 

thanks

Best Answer

Hello Titouan,

Define matcher for Basic entity that matcher is used only to detect duplicates at record creation time not for the edit . When a user creates a new record, and the DETECT_DUPS validation is active, the matcher is used to search for similar records in order to warn the user when a new entry matches existing records.

However you can create a DB function for EDIT action I have created a function in db which check entered country is already in db or not . if country is present function return True, then make a validation and call this function in validation condition like shown in images.

Here is db function which check Country in Db.

Here we call function in Validation:-

-> Set Validation on Warn on Stepper Finish.

Here  records in table, and we try to edit a record 

Answer

Hello Titouan,

Define matcher for Basic entity that matcher is used only to detect duplicates at record creation time not for the edit . When a user creates a new record, and the DETECT_DUPS validation is active, the matcher is used to search for similar records in order to warn the user when a new entry matches existing records.

However you can create a DB function for EDIT action I have created a function in db which check entered country is already in db or not . if country is present function return True, then make a validation and call this function in validation condition like shown in images.

Here is db function which check Country in Db.

Here we call function in Validation:-

-> Set Validation on Warn on Stepper Finish.

Here  records in table, and we try to edit a record 

is there also a way to block edit on certain attributes ? 

It is blocking the edit on certain attributes only 

you can modify the function according to your need

Login to post a comment