Start a new topic
Answered

How to increase Schema name Character limit to define custom DB function

Hi ,

We have Semarchy installed with SQL server as database.

In SQL Server we created a DB such as "Countryparties_Datalocation" (28 char).

Then we have created a Custom db function. After that we wanted to ADD that database function to the Semarchy Application builder " Database Fucntions" component to use that function inside semarchy Model.

As you know we need to add ".dbo" , to the database name i.e. <Countryparties_Datalocation.dbo>,  for SQL server, we added that it is showing error that maximum number of characters allowed is 30 chars.

I think we should have some provision to increase the limit allow all the valid database.dbo name in Semarchy as well.

Please let me know the process how we can increase the limit of Schema name from 30 when the inline db is SQL server.

Regards,

Kousik

Best Answer

Hello Kousik,

When you don't put anything in the schema, then you have an error "Caused by: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: 'xxx' is not a recognized built-in function name."
There is a workaround of it by putting dbo as a prefix to the name in the declaration of the function/variable, as well as in the collection when trying to access the function and leaving Schema blank while creating function:

Thank you.

1 Comment

Answer

Hello Kousik,

When you don't put anything in the schema, then you have an error "Caused by: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: 'xxx' is not a recognized built-in function name."
There is a workaround of it by putting dbo as a prefix to the name in the declaration of the function/variable, as well as in the collection when trying to access the function and leaving Schema blank while creating function:

Thank you.

Login to post a comment