Start a new topic
Answered

Linking Entities

Hello,

I created two entities: customers, sales opportunities. I am trying to link them in Semarchy using customer name field available in both entities.  I created a reference between both entities. However, when I import the data, I do not see the sales opportunities that match the customer records in the customer entity.  Thanks in advance. 

Ivan

Best Answer

Hello Ivan,

You need to follow the below steps in order to map the parent entity records to the child entity while importing the csv file-
1. Create an enricher in the child entity to enrich the 'Name' attribute to the value of the Parent entity attribute(Name)-

2. Go to the child entity stepper and check on 'On data change' and 'On form Open' -

3. This is an optional step where you can skip it, remove the Name attribute from the form of the child entity so that it look good-

Result if you don't remove(Name value will be visible twice)-

If you remove the 'Name' attribute and rename the label of FDN_Head to 'Name'-

4. Now in the Parent entity you have to change the Display card Primary key value to 'Name'-

5. While create the Excel file keep in you mind that you need to provide the FID(ID of the parent record) in order to map it to the right record (Having same 'Name').

Please follow the above steps and you will be able to see the result in your xDM as well, also let us know if you have any further queries.
Thank you.

Hello Ivan,

When you create a reference then the Parent-child relation is created between the two entities, In the child you can see a Foreign key that will point to the Parent entity(Primary key), but in the Parent, there's no change is visible.

So, in your case, I guess you have 'Sales opportunities' as a parent and that's why while importing the data you can't able to link any records, which is the expected behavior of the tool, when you are creating the child records then only you can able to link it with the parent entity records.

For more information, you can follow our documentation below-

https://www.semarchy.com/doc/semarchy-xdm/xdm/latest/Design/logical-model/reference-relationships.html#:~:text=Create%20reference%20relationships-,Reference%20relationships,-Overview

Thank you.

In my case, I would like to 'Displaying lists of child records' as indicated on the link to the documentation you provided.  Customers are the parent and sales opportunities are the children.  I would like to join on the customer name field available in both entities.  How do I enable this? Thanks.  

Hello Ivan,

I guess you are trying to map the FDN field instead of the FID field values, please try to import the records by having fields correctly mapped.

Please try it and let us know.

Thank you.

Thanks Subham. Can you provide a link to instructions on how to map the fields?

Ivan

Answer

Hello Ivan,

You need to follow the below steps in order to map the parent entity records to the child entity while importing the csv file-
1. Create an enricher in the child entity to enrich the 'Name' attribute to the value of the Parent entity attribute(Name)-

2. Go to the child entity stepper and check on 'On data change' and 'On form Open' -

3. This is an optional step where you can skip it, remove the Name attribute from the form of the child entity so that it look good-

Result if you don't remove(Name value will be visible twice)-

If you remove the 'Name' attribute and rename the label of FDN_Head to 'Name'-

4. Now in the Parent entity you have to change the Display card Primary key value to 'Name'-

5. While create the Excel file keep in you mind that you need to provide the FID(ID of the parent record) in order to map it to the right record (Having same 'Name').

Please follow the above steps and you will be able to see the result in your xDM as well, also let us know if you have any further queries.
Thank you.
Login to post a comment