Start a new topic
Answered

How do we configure a stepper so that when a parent has been created pre existing child records can be selected.

We have a stepper which creates a parent entity but we would then like to be able to select child records related to it that pre exist. The child entity is an external reference data set. 

At present we can only create  new child entities. We would like to be able to search for existing records and ad them as children.

Best Answer

Hi Michael,

• Else, if you don't want to change your model and still have a 1-N relationship, you will need 2 different actions :
    • Parent creation
    • Mass update the fk on existing child records

I hope this helps.

Stéphanie.

Hi Michael,

can you confirm there is no link at all between your existing external reference data set and the parent entity ? Also, there is no many to many relationship, right ?

When you cretae new child entities, are you using your external reference data set ? If so, how ?

I'll update you once i get those details.

Stéphanie.

There is no link in the external reference data to the parent entity. The parent entity is one which we have created due to the external reference data not being sufficient for our needs.  New child entities come in from the external provider and we would then need to map them to the parent. There is no many to many relationship.

Answer

Hi Michael,

• Else, if you don't want to change your model and still have a 1-N relationship, you will need 2 different actions :
    • Parent creation
    • Mass update the fk on existing child records

I hope this helps.

Stéphanie.

Login to post a comment