Start a new topic
Answered

How to assign a default value for a specific attribute?

How do I default any specific field to a specific value?

Best Answer

You can configure a SemQL enricher to assign a default value. For example, to set an attribute called ValueStatus to a default value of 'HIGH':

I have two questions, 1. How do I default any specific field to a specific value? 2. How do I setup filter on FDN key so only specific records meeting the criteria show up.

Answer

You can configure a SemQL enricher to assign a default value. For example, to set an attribute called ValueStatus to a default value of 'HIGH':

I have two questions, 1. How do I default any specific field to a specific value? 2. How do I setup filter on FDN key so only specific records meeting the criteria show up.

Can you expand this to show how the enricher should be set up so users can change the default value and that value is captured/saved? My default value enricher keeps overriding any changes and not sure how to fix.

Hi christa

After applying the enricher when is the value getting overrided?

Have you set the enricher in the stepper?

can you elaborate the issue with example

Thanks

Hi Bharat,

I figured it out - easy solution to add a filter to the enricher to only default the field (run enricher) when the value is NULL. 

I need the default value to show on the page before the users populates so they know they can skip it so the enricher is a Step Trigger (Step - Enter (Each)). My issue was that I have multiple tabs for users to fill out and they can move between the tabs. If  users override the value, move to a new tab and if then move back to the tab with the value it goes back to the default because of the timing of the enricher. The new filter fixes this issue and it works well. 

Hello Christa

Perfect, happy to hear that

Login to post a comment