Start a new topic
Answered

Stepper edition for parent and child entities

In my model I have relation between Unit and CostCenter. Unit can have multiple CostCenters, but CostCenter has only one unit. When editing unit in its stepper, I would like to present all available cost centers (which do not have relation with any units) in collection. Then user would easily click cost centers which belongs to unit. Currently it is only possible to create new cost centers. Is Semarchy able to do that in collection stepper of unit?

Best Answer

creating child records before parent records seems not logical to me. I confirm that our parent stepper will not enable child picking using a filtered list, as children are not supposed to be created before parents.

I can see 2 alternatives :

• Define a user process so that your users access a filtered Business View and Mass Update Cost Centers after a Unit creation
  • Have a many-to-many relationship (instead of a parent/child one) and use the Many to Many Creation option on the parent stepper. This will make the desired filtered collection appear to link (with simple checkboxes) some existing remaining Cost Centers with the Unit currently being created.
1 Comment

Answer

creating child records before parent records seems not logical to me. I confirm that our parent stepper will not enable child picking using a filtered list, as children are not supposed to be created before parents.

I can see 2 alternatives :

• Define a user process so that your users access a filtered Business View and Mass Update Cost Centers after a Unit creation
  • Have a many-to-many relationship (instead of a parent/child one) and use the Many to Many Creation option on the parent stepper. This will make the desired filtered collection appear to link (with simple checkboxes) some existing remaining Cost Centers with the Unit currently being created.
Login to post a comment