Start a new topic
Answered

Filter golden data based on their master records

Hello, In my golden data, I would like to filter into my master records based on an exclusion. My masters contain Activity : A,B,C some of them are only A, some A, B or A, C. When I apply filter (advanced filter) containing Activity = A, my result contains rows with Activity A and also master with A, B or A, C. I tried to apply filter Activity <>B or Activity <>C but it doesn't work. Filter with SemQL is also not convincing me. Any idea ?

Best Answer

You can treat Master Records as if they are related through references, except they are not related through entities but through record lineage relationships. 

Example: Source --> Master --> Golden. 

So like child entities, you can see Master Records like a child lineage. Therefore you will have to use the ANY or ALL syntax to filter golden records. 

You can see examples of these in lineage child records.

ANY MasterRecords HAVE ( Activity = 'A' )
AND NOT ANY MasterRecords HAVE ( Activity = 'B' )

1 Comment

Answer

You can treat Master Records as if they are related through references, except they are not related through entities but through record lineage relationships. 

Example: Source --> Master --> Golden. 

So like child entities, you can see Master Records like a child lineage. Therefore you will have to use the ANY or ALL syntax to filter golden records. 

You can see examples of these in lineage child records.

ANY MasterRecords HAVE ( Activity = 'A' )
AND NOT ANY MasterRecords HAVE ( Activity = 'B' )

Login to post a comment