Start a new topic
Answered

After detecting duplicates, I am not getting the 'Review Suggested Duplicates' action enabled.

Hello, I have a Fuzzy matched entity and a Duplicates Management workflow. After detecting duplicates, I am not getting the 'Review Suggested Duplicates' action enabled. What could be a possible reason?

Best Answer

Hi Akhil

This is determined by the threshold values that are set in the Merge Policy of the Matcher. In the merge policy you have to define a confidence score above which records are automatically merged into a golden record.

Take a look at your value for the policy 'Create a golden record from new master records'. By default this is zero so all records that match on any match rules will automatically get merged into a golden. If you want suggestions for review then you need to set this to a value less than your best match rule score but greater than a lower match rule score.

For example, if you set Create a golden record from new master records to 80 then records with a match rule score of 90 will get automatically merged but records matched on a score of 70 will not be automatically be merged but be proposed for merging as a suggestion to a data steward.

Regards, Peter

1 Comment

Answer

Hi Akhil

This is determined by the threshold values that are set in the Merge Policy of the Matcher. In the merge policy you have to define a confidence score above which records are automatically merged into a golden record.

Take a look at your value for the policy 'Create a golden record from new master records'. By default this is zero so all records that match on any match rules will automatically get merged into a golden. If you want suggestions for review then you need to set this to a value less than your best match rule score but greater than a lower match rule score.

For example, if you set Create a golden record from new master records to 80 then records with a match rule score of 90 will get automatically merged but records matched on a score of 70 will not be automatically be merged but be proposed for merging as a suggestion to a data steward.

Regards, Peter

Login to post a comment