Start a new topic
Answered

How are child records selected when parent records are manually merged?

How are child records selected when parent records are manually merged? Can I ask to collect all child records or filter based on an semQL expression (more recent, different from null,...)?

Best Answer

You should be careful to be explicit about MD records and GD records in your thinking.

Let's say the starting point is 2 Golden parent records each with 2 Master records. And each MD parent record has 2 MD child records. 

When those 2 GD Parent records get manually merged, the child records have the potential to get merged. It will depend on the match rule for that entity. In my example here, there are 8 MD child records. So the first thing know for sure is that all 8 MD records will be children of the 1 GD Parent record. But we don't know how many child GD records there will be. There could potentially be anywhere from 1 to 8 child GD records. 

Does it answer your question? (There are possibly more unusual situations to consider... but I tried to cover the main points.)

1 Comment

Answer

You should be careful to be explicit about MD records and GD records in your thinking.

Let's say the starting point is 2 Golden parent records each with 2 Master records. And each MD parent record has 2 MD child records. 

When those 2 GD Parent records get manually merged, the child records have the potential to get merged. It will depend on the match rule for that entity. In my example here, there are 8 MD child records. So the first thing know for sure is that all 8 MD records will be children of the 1 GD Parent record. But we don't know how many child GD records there will be. There could potentially be anywhere from 1 to 8 child GD records. 

Does it answer your question? (There are possibly more unusual situations to consider... but I tried to cover the main points.)

Login to post a comment