Start a new topic
Answered

I'm testing out dynamic table columns in collections based on user language.

I'm testing out dynamic table columns in collections based on user language. It seems that once loaded, the collection is cached and does not reassess the dynamic values in it. Is there a way to go around this behaviour?

Best Answer

Hello Luc,

model variables are refreshed by default :

• every 30 minutes
  • when the admin refreshes the app
  • when the model is deployed

I suppose that you are currently changing the user's language on the fly for testing purposes, right? Then you should refresh the app to take your live-changes into account. I suppose that your users will not change their preferred language once defined, so the current behavior should be good. But if not, don't hesitate to create your custom function that takes as an argument the :V_USERNAME variable (this one cannot be changed on the fly), and returns its language from MTA_USER->LANGUAGE. There no cache on the repository table.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Stéphanie.

1 Comment

Answer

Hello Luc,

model variables are refreshed by default :

• every 30 minutes
  • when the admin refreshes the app
  • when the model is deployed

I suppose that you are currently changing the user's language on the fly for testing purposes, right? Then you should refresh the app to take your live-changes into account. I suppose that your users will not change their preferred language once defined, so the current behavior should be good. But if not, don't hesitate to create your custom function that takes as an argument the :V_USERNAME variable (this one cannot be changed on the fly), and returns its language from MTA_USER->LANGUAGE. There no cache on the repository table.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Stéphanie.

Login to post a comment