Start a new topic
Answered

URL from Network drive

I would like to have a link in an application that launched an html file from a local network drive.  I have it set up but it doesn't launch.  Here is how I have it set up in the application.

In the App, if I click the link nothing happens.  If I right click and click "open in new tab", I get the following.

I've tried the 5 slashes which should rule out security blocking.

File://///sharedata01/...

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, 

Matt

Best Answer

Hi Matthew

As mentioned before it is not related to semarchy, 

It is the restriction of browser  which prevents  the loading of local resources.
If you right-click on the page of your app and select Inspect, then navigate to the Console tab, you will likely see a message stating: 'Not allowed to load local resource.' 

If you try with a secure browser or may be change your browser setting, then it will open

Hello Matthew

yes the Link of an HTML file from a local network Drive is not opening as you mentioned

But it seems some URL does not open because of security measure also it is not a configurable option that can be overridden by xDM. It is defined by the remote server itself in a Content Security Policy (CSP). 

It stems from a security measure that specifies which origins are permitted to embed content through frames. The attempt to frame one of those sites is being refused because the page trying to embed its content is not of the same origin as 'self'.

However , i will discuss this with my Dev team whether this issue can be solved. I will keep you updated 

Thanks 

Answer

Hi Matthew

As mentioned before it is not related to semarchy, 

It is the restriction of browser  which prevents  the loading of local resources.
If you right-click on the page of your app and select Inspect, then navigate to the Console tab, you will likely see a message stating: 'Not allowed to load local resource.' 

If you try with a secure browser or may be change your browser setting, then it will open

Login to post a comment