Commencer un nouveau sujet
Répondu

Why cannot specify ID of master record?

I have an ID matched type of entity. When I want to create a new master record I am not able to specify the ID, even if the ID set to manual (no ID generated if set to sequence). Any help appreciated.

Meilleure réponse

Hi everyone, we got a clear explanation on the behavior from the product team. There is no bug here, only a different approach than the one we've tested fo far. Here is the explanation:

For id matched entity SD view:

• <IDAttrName> semql attribute is the concatenation of the <ID_COL_NAME> and B_PUBID columns and so is not writable

• Gold_<IDAttrName> semql attribute is the writable attribute

You just need to use both Gold_<IDAttrName> and PublisherID attributes in your edit form on a Master Data based action, and this will work like a charm !

Here are a few screenshots in case it helps other readers implement it from scratch:

• Application action 
  • Action set 
  • Form fields 
  • Authoring result 

I hope this helps !

Best regards,

Stéphanie.

Hi Gyorgy,

we have reproduced the issue. This seems specific to ID-matched entities, on UI master records creation only, which is not common. Could you please elaborate on your specific use case so that the product team might plan the bug fix according to your needs?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Stéphanie. 

Bug created MDM-14504.

1 personne aime ça

Dear Stéphanie, do you have an idea when this bug will be fixed? We encounter the same issue as we use the platform to input and consolidate master data. We do not want to create directly golden data as we may have some duplicates.

Thank you

Kind Regards

Olivier

Réponse

Hi everyone, we got a clear explanation on the behavior from the product team. There is no bug here, only a different approach than the one we've tested fo far. Here is the explanation:

For id matched entity SD view:

• <IDAttrName> semql attribute is the concatenation of the <ID_COL_NAME> and B_PUBID columns and so is not writable

• Gold_<IDAttrName> semql attribute is the writable attribute

You just need to use both Gold_<IDAttrName> and PublisherID attributes in your edit form on a Master Data based action, and this will work like a charm !

Here are a few screenshots in case it helps other readers implement it from scratch:

• Application action 
  • Action set 
  • Form fields 
  • Authoring result 

I hope this helps !

Best regards,

Stéphanie.

Connexion pour poster un commentaire