Start a new topic
Answered

Syntax for "Root Filter" within a Business View / Business Entity

Hi there!

I am trying to create a  Root Filter on a Business View.  

Sample data is as follows

ID                                                        TAG          Description           Source

11111-US_Source1                     11111      "Market A"             US_Source1

22222-US_Source2                     22222      "Market A"             US_Source2

33333-US_Source1                     33333      "Market B"             US_Source1

44444-US_Source2                     44444      "Market B"             US_Source2

In the case of the above sample data, I'd like to filter on Description so that two records show...something like DISTINCT on the description attribute:

"Market A"

"Market B"

is there a way to do this in the Business View Root filter?

Thank you

Best Answer

Hi there, to clarify, what I'm trying to do is filter so that only one occurrence of a description would occur, and all other records would be hidden from view.  I know one way to do this, by creating another column and assigning an integer to it (ie 1 for first occurrence of the description, 2 for the 2nd occurrence, etc) and then just filtering on "1", but was hoping there was a simpler solution first....what do you think?  thanks!

Hello,

Such a filter on description is not doable, unfortunately.

Nevertheless, according to your business need, that might be doable using other column.

For example, following the data sample provided, a filter like Source = 'US_Source1' will do the trick.

With more information, we might be able to figure it out. Feel free to provide an extended sample.

Hope this help,

GR

Answer

Hi there, to clarify, what I'm trying to do is filter so that only one occurrence of a description would occur, and all other records would be hidden from view.  I know one way to do this, by creating another column and assigning an integer to it (ie 1 for first occurrence of the description, 2 for the 2nd occurrence, etc) and then just filtering on "1", but was hoping there was a simpler solution first....what do you think?  thanks!

1 person likes this

The solution you provide is a very good way to achieve that. Unfortunately, there is no simpler solution.

Have a nice day,

GR

Login to post a comment