Start a new topic
Answered

Why am I unable to merge duplicates?

Best Answer

In scenario's where one record is from an external source, and the second record was created using Authoring, users may encounter an error similar to the one below.

Explanation

With Matched entities (Fuzzy and ID Matched) there are two types of Golden Records: Master Based and Data Entry Based.

Master Based Golden records are consolidated from publishers’ master records.

Data Entry Based Golden records are created directly in the application.

Data Entry Based Golden records do NOT have associated master records. They exist only in the hub and do not exist for any publisher.

Master records are required for matching and consolidation. So that’s why your records weren’t available for merging.

Therefore you need a different approach: authoring on behalf of publishers. 

Answer

In scenario's where one record is from an external source, and the second record was created using Authoring, users may encounter an error similar to the one below.

Explanation

With Matched entities (Fuzzy and ID Matched) there are two types of Golden Records: Master Based and Data Entry Based.

Master Based Golden records are consolidated from publishers’ master records.

Data Entry Based Golden records are created directly in the application.

Data Entry Based Golden records do NOT have associated master records. They exist only in the hub and do not exist for any publisher.

Master records are required for matching and consolidation. So that’s why your records weren’t available for merging.

Therefore you need a different approach: authoring on behalf of publishers. 

Hi,

I have enabled data authoring at master record level only, so I have a publisher assigned. But still when I create two records from authoring they are not merging rather the second record is getting errored out as duplicate record.

Can you suggest why and what should be changed?

Sincerely,

Srikant

Login to post a comment