Start a new topic
Answered

Order in service restarting

Dear all, our semarchy server is almost in production. But before to make sure all is on track, my Ops team would like to know if there is a way to start or restart all services in the proper order avoiding MDM service up-side-down ? Is there a way to start the db when only once Tomcat is started ? What are the dependancies (Tomcat, Postgres, Semarchy ....) Thanks in advance

Best Answer

I would say that there are no other option than

• start database
  • start tomcat (which starts xDM)

I don't know how your tomcat is configured but as far as I know, when tomcat starts, it deploys descriptors for all applications deployed in it, with this kind of message :org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptor Deploying configuration descriptor [C:\semarchy-postgre\mdm-server\conf\Catalina\localhost\semarchy.xml]

So to me, starting tomcat will start automatically xDM. Semarchy cannot start if the database is not started because the Repository is needed to access all the configurations.

1 Comment

Answer

I would say that there are no other option than

• start database
  • start tomcat (which starts xDM)

I don't know how your tomcat is configured but as far as I know, when tomcat starts, it deploys descriptors for all applications deployed in it, with this kind of message :org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptor Deploying configuration descriptor [C:\semarchy-postgre\mdm-server\conf\Catalina\localhost\semarchy.xml]

So to me, starting tomcat will start automatically xDM. Semarchy cannot start if the database is not started because the Repository is needed to access all the configurations.

Login to post a comment