General information about license validation
When starting, the Designer validates its license key by connecting to the license URL.
By default, the license server is https://license.stambia.org
=> The license URL often looks like this: https://license.stambia.org:443/yourcompany?key=A_SECRET_KEY_HERE
Customer organizations can install their own License Server on-premise, in their own infrastructure.
=> On-premise license URL often look like this: https://yourserver:someport/group?key=SECRET
After it started, the Designer also checks the license validity every 60secs by connecting to the same URL.
- If the license is validated, then you can continue working with the Designer
- If the license is not valid:
- The Designer shows a popup message and enters a "Tolerance time" during which you can quickly Save your work
- When the tolerance time is over (about 2 minutes), the Designer is forced to quit because the license is still invalid
- If the license is validated before the tolerance time expires, then you can continue working with the Designer.
- Possible reasonsfor an invalid license include:
- A mistake in the URL (make sure the Port is not missing in the URL)
- All the concurrent/floating license are already in use, there are none left for you
- A network issue prevents the Designer from contacting the License Server.